Thursday, February 19, 2009

tree


It is a windy afternoon,
The sun is over the moon,
Firmly standing, there you are,
Under the moon, under the star,
Your hands never stopped waving,
Your fingers never stopped growing,
Follow the rhythm of the wind blowing,
You never move, never walk, never step,
Toes in the ground, that’s how you’re attached,
Stormy day, don’t scare you,
Apart of the nature, that’s you,
Green is the sign that you’re strong,
Whatever comes in the way, you hold yourself down,
Thousands of wrinkles on your skin,
Dark, coarse and hideous yet graceful and lovely,
Under your shades, I sit,
The place where lovers come to meet,
Thousand years you live,
Millions of history you watched,
You keep the world spinning,
You keep the circle going,
In autumn you’re sick, in winter you’re dead,
In spring you’re back, in summer you’re blessed.













It’s not easy. Nothing is easy in this life and it will always be so until the end of the world. We are given five senses and some are gifted with six but still we are unable to do things perfectly well. What is wrong with us? Interesting question to be asked but how can we determine the cause is a mystery that we are all still try to find. Is it in you? Or me? Or person next to you who knows the answer? We never know.
This week we played a little game in the class. We had to pair up and one of us will have to cover our eyes. The tables were arranged haphazardly and our partner will be waiting for us across the class. We need to listen to the instruction from our partner to get across the class through the haphazardly arranged tables. It was fun and interesting but at the same time we learn bout using our other senses if we lose any one of the five senses that we have. So, the class was about our senses and I love it because I’m a very sensitive person (at least that’s what I feel).
Well just like other classes before, we had something to do again in this class. We were asked to write a poem describing something that we chose but we cannot mention the name of the thing in our poem. At first, we found it quite hard to write it but as we slowly move on, we managed to write the draft. I chose to write on tree. I managed to finish writing the draft early so I quickly went to show it to Ms. Yates. I think my poem is quite simple and easy to understand (which is so me). Thank God, Ms. Yates had not said that much about my poem except there are a few parts which I have to improve and add some more here and there to make the poem long. She also asked me to add more the characteristic of tree in my poem so that the poem will be more understandable and interesting. I used a lot of personification in the poem because I think, that’s the best way to make my poem is readable and easy to understand. Que struggled a lot to finish the poem and this was my first time to see him working that hard to do assignment and too bad he was criticized badly by Ms. Yates (constructive of course).
I felt happy today because I did well for the poem. Oh! Before I forget, I chose to write about tree because for me, trees are useful and they contribute to people’s life a lot. I wanted to be like the trees. They are always there to help people and they are willing to sacrifice themselves for others benefit. May be I was born as a tree in my previous life. Who knows! =)




i'm a tree.







mwahxxxx


~~adam~~

No comments: